Warner Bros. is marking a decade of movie magic and the Home Entertainment release of the final film with this special event. It will be three days of unforgettable excitement featuring autograph signings, Q&A sessions with Cast Members and Filmmakers, a spectacular evening event, and more. There will be scheduled appearances by more than 20 Cast Members and Filmmakers from the Harry Potter films, including James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick, Griphook), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), and more. And now, you could win a 5-day, 4-night trip for the winner and three guests to Universal Orlando Resort to experience it all for yourself, including:
• Roundtrip airfare to Orlando, Florida
• Ground transportation between the airport and hotel in Orlando
• 4-nights accommodations at one of Universal’s three on-site hotels
• 4-days admission* to both Universal Orlando theme parks
• Early Park Admission** to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™
• Reservation to One In-Park Cast Member Q&A session
• Reservation to One In-Park Cast Member Autograph Session
• Admission to the nighttime gala event on Sunday, November 13
• VIP tickets to the Nov. 11 live taping of TODAY at Universal Orlando
Rupert Grint will also be there!
I went to Wizarding World of Harry Potter today (my second visit to the park since it opened), and thought I might give a little report as well as some tips!
This November Universal is hosting a big three-day event in celebration of all eight Harry Potter films! From the press release:
This special event will be hosted by Warner Bros. and will celebrate a decade of movie history by allowing fans to share their love for the Harry Potter films. The event will take place from Friday, November 11, to Sunday, November 13, at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, home to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
During this special event, guests can celebrate their favorite memories and stories of Harry Potter with filmmakers, cast members and fellow fans. While all theme park guests will be able to enjoy The Wizarding World of Harry Potter during their visit, only a limited number of guests and those who buy special event packages will have access to exclusive benefits such as:
- A spectacular evening gala in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Autograph signings with stars from the Harry Potter films
- Q&A sessions with Harry Potter filmmakers and cast members, along with the creators of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Screenings of all eight Harry Potter films – including “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2” – at the AMC Universal Cineplex 20 in Universal CityWalk. Access to the screenings can be added to the vacation packages for an additional fee.
For more details, check out Universal’s website. The packages go live for sale on July 31st, fancy that. I want to go desperately, but I’ll be there just a few weeks earlier and I doubt I could rope anyone into going with me.
It’d be so wicked. Debating. Debating.
Yes, I’ve been, and it was AMAZING! One of my very best friends and I went last summer all on our own, which was pretty epic in itself, making our own schedule and everything.
The park was absolutely breathtaking though and (as cheesy as this sounds) a bit of a tear jerker. I can’t say it enough: Rowling doesn’t put her name on half-done things. WWoHP is a fan’s absolute dream. The set designers and creative director from the films came in and built the place, so it is literally straight from the movies and JK Rowling’s mind. Universal is 100% committed to the world as well. There are no Muggle logos (ie - Pepsi isn’t allowed to show), shop facades are given as much attention to detail as the proper, operating ones, employees are in character (save one rude Hufflepuff I had a bump in with), and there’s Potter music everywhere. You step right into Harry’s universe. It’s an unbelievable sense of absolute awe and wonder; I can’t even begin to describe it. I walked around with the stupidest grin on my face the entire time. “Oh my God” and “this is so cool, this is so cool” was all I could say for ages. We ate breakfast in The Three Broomsticks, had butterbeer in the street, walked through Hogwarts, bought our wands, ambled about Hogsmeade, flew with Harry in a Quidditch match… IT WAS GREAT.
If you haven’t been, you definitely should. It’s well worth the money, believe me. Can’t put a price on memories and experiences. I’d go again in a heartbeat.